MINOR PAN CARD
Why Apply From TaxSuperman?
- Free of Cost
- 24×7 Support
- 100% Secure
- 256 Bit Encrypted Data
THERE IS NO AGE RESTRICTION.
Therefore minors can be a PAN Cardholder but cannot apply for the PAN Card on his own. Parents or guardians or in some cases representative assessee will have to apply on a minor’s behalf. Their ID Proof and other documents will also be attached to supportive documents. As per the Indian Majority Act, 1875, the age of majority in India is specified as18 years. Any individual below the age of 18 years will be considered as a minor.
DOCUMENTS REQUIRED FOR AMINOR PAN CARD
- ID PROOF of parents or guardianFollowing can be submitted as an ID Proof –
- Aadhar Card
- Driving License
- Voter ID
Following can be submitted as a Proof Of Address –
- Aadhar Card bearing the address of parents or guardian
- Driving License bearing the address of parents or guardian
- Voter ID bearing the address of parents or guardian
- Passport bearing the address of parents or guardian
Following can be submitted as proof of age of a minor –
- Aadhar Card
- Birth certificate
- Marksheet of the recognized board.
- DIFFERENCE IN MINOR’s AND MAJOR’s PAN CARDThe only difference in both the cases is that a minor’s pan card does not have minor’s photograph and signature. Therefore cannot be used as a valid Id Proof. However after turning major the update can be made and signature and photograph can be added
PROCESS OF APPLYING FOR MINOR PAN CARD
- Visit (add URL)
- Select APPLY FOR MINOR PAN CARD, select the displayed form to be filled
- Fill the form displayed onscreen and provide authentic and correct details. Signature of parent is necessary. Either of the parent whose documents are being used as supportive must sign the application. The same signature will appear on minor’s PAN Card.
- Upload the supportive documents of parent or guardian and age proof of minor.
- Submit the form after completing it
- PAN Card will be received at the mentioned address.
- PAN Card will take 15 -20 working days to arrive.
MINOR PAN CARD IS REQUIRED FOR FOLLOWING REASONS
A minor requires a PAN Card in the following cases –
- Minor has to be made a nominee of parents/guardians investment or policy.
In order to make a minor nominee of parent’s or guardian’s investment minor’s PAN The card will be required as a part of documentation along with other documents.
- An investment has to be made in the name of minor.
In order to invest in the name of minor o to make any investment in the name of minor, his/her PAN Card is required as an essential document.
- A bank account has to be opened in the name of minor
Banks required Minor’s PAN Card to open a savings account. It is apart of documentation required under the norms of banking. Pan Card will be required to open and operate the bank account of a minor under the guardian of parents.
- A minor is earning, generally the income is clubbed with the income of parents/guardian. But it is deemed taxable if –
o Minor has any physical disability
o Minor is generating income through manual work, skill, talent, or knowledge.
UPDATING MINOR PAN CARD AFTER ATTAINING AGE OF 18
If the individual turns 18 the same PAN Card can be updated. The PAN number will remain the same in both minor and major cases. Only the PAN Card will be updated. The updated Pan Card will have an individual’s signature and Photographs.
In this particular case of PAN Card updates the applicant’s iD Proof. Proof of Address and Age Proof will be enclosed as supportive documents.
If we define PAN, it is Permanent Account Number. A 10 digit alphanumeric code, first 5 alphabets, 4 numbers and one alphabet at last (like AAAPC9999P).
Anyone above 18 years old can apply for a PAN card.
Students can apply if their age is 18 or above 18 years old, however, if a student is minor or less than 18 years, their parents can apply on the behalf of them.
Yes, you can update by visiting the NSDL website and select the updated PAN section, then select the correct option and easily update your PAN.
PAN Card is the identification, it is mandatory for the tax filing purpose if anyone wants to register their business, proof of address, PAN holders can eligible to open bank accounts.
If you lost your PAN, no need to worry you can re-apply. Apply for a duplicate PAN Number Online or Offline. One can Log in to the NSDL website, fill the form 49-A for Indian Citizen, and 49-AA form for foreigners, make the payment and get duplicate PAN Card If will be dispatch working 45 days.
You will be given coupon number for your application.Applicant can check status of your PAN card online.Click here to check status.
PAN Card is valid for life-long.
Yes, Company PAN cardshows only Name, Date of Incorporation and PAN card number of the company. It does not contain any photo or signature.
Yes, you can apply for duplicate PAN card. PAN number will remain same. Other Information can be changed/ updated, if required.
All you have to do is to fill an online form on our website and follow simple steps. Your PAN card will be delivered to your address directly by the Government of India. You can Click here for process and details.
Yes, Government of India will directly send PAN card to your address.
PAN number will be allotted to you in 7-8 working days and card will be delivered to you in 10-15 working days. We can’t guarantee exact time as this is completely a Government process.
Yes, Government of India will give you PAN card number before mailing physical card to you.
No, you do not have to attach documents at the time of filing online application. You have to send us hard copy of your documents along with application form.
You can pay online with your Debit card, credit card or Internet Banking facility.
Yes, Parent or guardian of minor can apply PAN card for minor. Minor is one who is less than 18 years.
Yes, it looks same like others PAN card.
You cannot have more than 1 PAN. As a result of holding more than one PAN, indivdual can be fined.